GET A 360 VIEW OF BUSINESS
With ThePowerMBA you’ll:
- Understand today’s digital world better than an MBA graduate
- Get a 360-degree view of business and management practices
- Discover the most innovative business models across all industries
- Learn how to launch a business – from scratch and without making common mistakes
- Get the most transformative knowledge for business owners, like Blue Ocean Strategy or digital marketing
- Develop the skills needed to lead, inspire and scale teams
After completing this module your business acumen and capacity to create innovative business models are going to change forever:
- Business Model Analysis: You’ll learn how to describe, analyze, and evolve any business model, by using Alexander Osterwalder’s Canvas and applying it to top real-world cases.
- Digital Engines of Growth: In order to understand and manage growth in digital environments, you have to know the different growth levers and metrics. How do digital companies grow? What are the right KPIs?
- The Power of Platforms: Platform models are disrupting every industry and the way we do business (competitive advantages, growth strategies, value creation, etc.). You’ll become a platforms-expert: differentiate them from linear business models, understand why they’re more valuable, and explore their implications in strategic management.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: You don’t have to be a visionary to innovate or disrupt an industry. You just need to know the tools.
- Sector analysis: Companies aren’t isolated entities. They depend on external factors related to their markets and competitive landscape – see how to dominate any sector.
- Competitive strategies: Understanding what competitive advantages are and the main ways to compete (cost leadership, differentiation, and niche) will help you to better grasp the competitive dynamics of every industry and make decisions.
- Corporate growth strategies: Dive into the key strategies (and associated risks!) that can be used to help a firm grow.
Business Model innovation
Business Model Analysis
You’ll learn how to describe, analyze, and evolve any business model by using Alexander Osterwalder’s Canvas and applying it to top real-life cases.
Engines of Growth
In order to understand and manage growth in digital environments, you must be familiar with the different growth levers and metrics. How do digital companies grow? What are the right KPIs?
The Power of Platforms
Platform models are disrupting every industry and the way we do business (competitive advantages, growth strategies, value creation, etc.). You’ll become a platform-expert: differentiate them from linear business models, understand why they’re more valuable, and explore their implications in strategic management.
Everyone claims they understand their customers, but the truth is that 99% don’t. We’ll set you apart with insights into behavioral segmentation, customer personas or how to develop an effective customer journey map.
Creating a winning VP is like driving a 1,000 horsepower Formula 1 racing car. The rest of the competition will fall behind once you get it right.
Blue Ocean Strategy
You don’t have to be a visionary to innovate or disrupt an industry. You just need to know the tools Learn these simple but genius methods for how to create completely innovative value propositions and models.
The Lean Startup
Lean Startup Method
Eric Ries’ Lean Startup methodology has been a revolution in marketing and business strategy. Key concepts like Minimum Viable Products are now basics that every business expert must understand.
Lean Startup in Practice
It’s not enough to just understand the theory, so we’ll walk you through how to put it into practice and hear from those who have done it so you can get out there ASAP and start putting it into practice to avoid acting on assumptions alone.
Strategy & Business Fundamentals
Companies aren’t isolated entities. They depend on external factors related to their markets and competitive landscape – see how to dominate any sector.
Understanding what competitive advantages are and the main ways to compete (cost leadership, differentiation, and niche) will help you to better grasp the competitive dynamics of every industry and make decisions.
Branding & Positioning are two of the most commonly cited terms in marketing, but also the most misunderstood and elusive. We’ll break them down and take a look at how you can master them. As for pricing, it’s a true art – and has an enormous impact on any business’ results. So it’s important that you get to know the strategies and key concepts related to pricing.
Corporate Growth Strategies
Dive into the key strategies (and associated risks!) that can be used to help a firm grow.
The Power of Being a (Real) Marketer
The ability to create more powerful ads, webs, emails, or sales pitches than the rest is one of the most valuable skills you can acquire.
These days, there’s no such thing as digital marketing, marketing is digital. Learn how to grow your business through an online 360o strategy: understand digital channels, set goals, develop your own sales funnel from prospecting to customer loyalty, use the main tools, and learn all the details of attraction & conversion.
The intersection of your product or service with the practice of getting to know your customers well & keeping them at the center.
Real Life(-changing) Reflections
We’ve gathered the best advice from those who’ve been there on how to choose your idea, get prepared for success, take the first steps, build a team, and more.
Who’s Who in the Ecosystem
Get to know the full landscape of the entrepreneurship ecosystem. Understand the different resources available at growth stages, and hear from incubators, accelerators, venture builders, and investors directly.
Fundraising & Investment
Dig deep into the investment ecosystem. What types of investors are there? What do they bring to the table? How should you reach them? When?
Leading Yourself – The Inner MBA
What about soft skills? It’s not only about knowledge or professional capacities. Developing your soft skills is a crucial part of your professional training.
Leadership, Culture & Organizations
Companies are made up of people. People respond to work culture. Explore how to implement and practice good leadership – it makes the difference between mediocre and excellent organizations. Learn the most revolutionary management strategies, like OKRs, that will allow you to build excellent organizations.
Management Skills & Tools
Agile & Project Management
In our fast-paced world where uncertainty is ever increasing, Agile methodologies like Scrum, are revolutionizing project management and replacing traditional management practices that don’t allow teams to adapt to changing circumstances and market needs.
Managing People & Teams
Almost every professional will have to deal with people management at some point. We’ll make sure you have the tools and knowledge to tackle this challenge.
Finance & Accounting
Learn how companies record and organize their financial transactions. Understand the language and principles of accounting.
Financial Statements Analysis
Get prepared to interpret and analyze the financial statements necessary to understand a company’s performance, the main profitability factors, and risk ratios.
Valuation (Investments and Companies)
Understand how to analyze an investment project. Learn the basics like compounding, discounting, and NPV, to the most common valuation methods such as trading comparables, DCF, etc.
Disruptive Tech in Business
Chances are, your industry is already being disrupted by a new technology.
From AI (Artificial Intelligence) to Big Data and Blockchain, amongst others, these technologies are driving how business gets done in the years to come. It is crucial to understand what these trends are and how they are disrupting the way we do business today.
Find out if ThePowerMBA is for you
Fill out a form in 2 min
Access to our free resources
(15-day money back guarantee)